Clinical Trial Screening Appointment
You may be scheduled
for a screening visit.
Curious about what comes next?
Find out everything about the screening process in clinical trials.
Before enrolling participants in a paid research study, a screening visit takes place. During this visit, essential tests are conducted to ensure suitability for the specific study's criteria.
Typically lasting 2-4 hours, the screening appointment’s duration may vary depending on the study. When you contact our recruitment center at 805-465-3574, you will receive guidance on the specific requirements for the study in question.
What is a clinical trial screening?
This is our chance to get to know you, collect detailed information, and conduct preliminary screening tests. We'll assess your eligibility on a study-by-study basis.
What happens during a screening visit?
- Our study medical team will explain the study and answer your questions.
- If you’re in, you’ll read and sign a form with all the study details.
- We’ll discuss your medical and social history.
- We’ll carry out a few standard procedures specified earlier. Once done, we’ll contact you about the next steps.
How should I prepare for my first screening in a clinical trial?
Each study is different, but here are some easy tips to help you do your best on the screening visit.
- Refrain from eating for 8 hours before your appointment.
- Maintain a nutritious diet for the 24 hours leading up to your appointment.
- If medication intake is necessary, consume it.
- Contact our team if you have any questions or concerns.
- Confirm your appointment by sending a text.
- Heavy meals on the day before your screening visit.
- Strenuous exercise 24 hours prior.
Frequently Asked Questions
Please bring any valid form ID, for example, a driver’s license, or passport, among others. And medical records if you have them available.
We’ll inform you in advance if the screening visit requires you to have a companion with you for the study.
If you are not eligible for the study, our Recruitment team will reach out to inform you and ask if you’d like to be considered for future studies.
Your payment will be issued through a pre-paid card.