- Data FOMAT May Collect
- How FOMAT Shares Your Information
- Modification and Deletion of Your Personal Information
- Opting Out of Receiving Emails and Notifications from FOMAT
- Security of Your Data
- Links to Third-Party Sites
- International Users
- Do Not Track Signals
- Children under 13
- Third-Party Service Providers
1. Data FOMAT May Collect
We collect two types of information from our users: Non-Personal Information and Personal Information.
- Non-Personal Information: One type of information is non-identifiable web usage information, such as information on areas of our website that you navigate (“Non-Personal Information”), which we collect through your use of the Service. Non-Personal Information that we collect includes information about your browser type, referring and exit pages and URLs, visit date and time, amount of time spent on particular pages, the actions you performed, and other information about how you move around our website. Non-Personal Information may be collected using various technologies, such as web beacons and/or third-party web analytic tools, to analyze website traffic. We aggregate Non-Personal Information to better understand how visitors use our web pages and to improve it.
- Personal Information: The second type of information we collect is individually identifiable information, which is data that includes personal identifiers like your name, email address, certain health data, internet protocol (IP) address, and other data that could reasonably be used to identify you (“Personal Information”).
FOMAT may collect Personal Information from you in any of the situations below:
- To inform you about clinical research studies. If you are interested in learning about clinical research studies and/or participating in such studies, you may choose to submit certain Personal Information about yourself to FOMAT, which may include but is not limited to your name, phone number, age, and ethnicity, so that FOMAT may provide you with the information you’re seeking about such studies.
- Email newsletters. FOMAT offers email newsletters to its registered users. We will use your email address to send you only the specific newsletter(s) that you signed up for. If you want to update your email address or stop receiving a newsletter, follow the procedures to unsubscribe at the bottom of any newsletter we send you.
- You contact FOMAT. If you contact FOMAT, we will use the contact information you provide, along with the content of your inquiry, so that we can assist you and improve the Service.
- Surveys and User Research. FOMAT conducts email and web-delivered surveys from time to time, to gather information about our users and sites. Taking these surveys and polls is entirely optional. You have no obligation to respond to them. We share only the aggregate results of these surveys, not Personal Information, with our partners to help them better understand our Service and monitor the reach of our web pages.
2. How FOMAT Shares Your Information
Personal Information. We share Personal Information we collect with third parties in the following circumstances:
- If you request that we share your Personal Information with a third party (including health care providers), we may share such Personal Information in accordance with your request.
- If you consent, we may share your Personal Information with clinical study site(s) if you are interested in participating in a study or studies being conducted at such site(s). Such site(s) may then contact you about the study or studies in which you are interested in participating.
- We share Personal Information with our third-party service providers so that they may assist us in providing the Service to our users.
- We share Personal Information if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation, valid legal process (e.g., subpoena or court order), or to respond to lawful governmental or public authority requests, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; to enforce our Terms of Service; and/or to protect the rights, property, or safety of FOMAT, its employees, or others, in all cases consistent with applicable law.
- We may disclose your Personal Information in connection with the sale, merger, bankruptcy, sale of assets or reorganization of FOMAT.
Non-Personal Information. We share Non-Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- FOMAT may anonymize Personal Information so that it no longer identifies you and may share it with third parties in a variety of ways, such as by providing reports containing aggregated data that does not identify you to our partners to help them better understand our Service and analyze the reach of our webpages.
3. Modification and Deletion of Your Personal Information
If and when you choose to deactivate your App account or if your account is canceled, your Personal Information will be removed from your account within 7 business days.
If you would like to request that FOMAT modify or delete the Personal Information that FOMAT maintains about you, you may contact FOMAT at [email protected]. FOMAT will respond to your request as required by applicable law.
4. Opting Out of Receiving Emails and Notifications from FOMAT
You may opt out of receiving non-service-related communications, including email newsletters, as noted above, by unsubscribing from such communications. Regarding service-related communications from FOMAT for those who have registered to use the App or signed up for another FOMAT service, you may continue to receive such communications if FOMAT believes they are necessary for your use of the particular service.
5. Security of Your Data
FOMAT implements physical, technical, administrative, and organizational security measures to maintain the security of your data and protect against unauthorized access. FOMAT provides privacy and security training to its employees who access Personal Information as part of their job function. FOMAT also ensures that third parties with whom it shares Personal Information agree to implement security measures similar to those used by FOMAT.
Keep in mind that internet transmissions are never completely secure or error-free. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. If you have signed up for a FOMAT service such as the App, never share your password to access such services, and notify us promptly if you believe your password security has been breached. Remember to logout of such services if you access them on a non-trusted device (for example, a public computer). We strongly urge you to employ security features, such as two-factor authentication, on any device or platform you use to access any aspect of FOMAT’s Service.
6. Links to Third-Party Sites
Our Service may include links to third-party websites. Such links are provided for convenience only and FOMAT does not endorse or recommend such third-party websites or the content therein. Furthermore, FOMAT is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of the operators of those websites.
7. International Users
8. Do Not Track Signals
Although we would like to honor those browsers set with a “Do Not Track” signal, our Service does not currently respond to a such signals because an industry standard has not yet been established on how to respond to these signals.
9. Children Under 13
You must be 13 years of age or older to use any part of our Service. As our Service is not directed to persons under the age of 13, we do not knowingly collect any Personal Information from children under 13. If you are aware of any child under 13 sharing Personal Information through use of our Service, please contact us at [email protected].
10. Third-Party Service Providers
As noted above, we share Personal Information with third parties that provide us certain services (e.g., vendors who perform specific functions to assist us in providing the Service). We do not control these third parties, however, we make diligent efforts to work only with third parties that adhere to commercially reasonable information privacy and security practices and that protect Personal Information consistent with applicable laws and regulations.
You can email us with any questions or comments at [email protected].