A standard trial proceeds forward in several phases:
- A screening visit: During this visit, an informed consent document is reviewed with you, as well as your Medical History by the Investigational Staff.
- A baseline visit: When you attend this visit (the first step in your trial) you’ll receive your study medication, and the dosing will be reviewed with you. (This visit may be combined with the screening visit).
- Routine study visits These are periodic visits done throughout the study to track an individual’s progress during a clinical trial. The study team may:
- Test bloodwork
- Administer the study drug
- Perform a checkup on your condition.
Source: Uva Health